Agent Name: Manya
Date: December 2009
Trip Location: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Overall Impression: Located at the tip of the Baja Peninsula, about 1000 miles from San Diego and 40 miles below the tropic of Cancer, where the sparkling Sea of Cortes meets with the mighty Pacific Ocean, Los Cabos region is yours to discover.
For centuries, it was a remote region of Mexico, with only a few fishing and hunting villages. By the early 50s, some Hollywood stars in search of adventure and privacy started flying their private planes to exclusive hideaways. Travel by road was almost impossible until the completion of a paved two-lane Transpeninsular Highway from Tijuana to Cabo San Lucas in 1973. In 1986, the International Airport was opened and put Cabo San Lucas on the map. Located at the tip of the Baja Peninsula, about 1000 miles from San Diego and 40 miles below the tropic of Cancer, where the sparkling Sea of Cortes meets with the mighty Pacific Ocean, Los Cabos region is yours to discover.
Los Cabos Region is the tale of 2 cities, separated by a 20 mile “Tourist Corridor”, lined with beachfront luxury resorts, private condominiums and championship golf courses. Only 20 minutes away for Los Cabos International Airport, San Jose Del Cabo is a charming little town that has retained its rich Mexican flavour. The Cathedral on Plaza Mijares marks the centre of the town, and is the focal point for locals and visitors alike. The church is surrounded by centuries old buildings, narrow streets and a thriving art district. Strolling in the town square, dining under the stars in the many fine restaurants, exploring many art galleries are amongst some of the many past times in San Jose Del Cabo.
Some 27 miles southwest of the Airport, at the land’s east end, where the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortes meet, lies the town of Cabo San Lucas. It is home to the famous arches, El Arco, one of the most photographed landmark in Mexico. Known also as “Cabo” it’s a “happening” place! Dozens of restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shops line the length of the Marina Malecon. The deep water bay makes Cabo a popular port of call to many cruise vessels each year, bringing tens of thousands tourists to the area. Opulent yachts, party cruisers, and sport fishing boats can also be seen docked side by side in the Marina.
The mild sub-tropical weather, the modern conveniences, mixed with old world charm and hospitality, and the easy access by air and by road, makes this region more and more appealing to full time residents and tourists alike.
Outdoor Activities Abound:
* Deep sea fishing – scuba diving, or sailing there is a sport for everyone;
* S norkeling is amazing. The Sea of Cortes and the Pacific Ocean teem with many aquatic wonders. Jacques Couteau christened the area the “Aquarium of the World”.
* Sunset cruises, whale watching, and swim with the dolphins are some of the favourites with families.
* Golfing – Los Cabos is also a golfer’s paradise, with seven public and two private courses, attracting golfers from all over the world.
* For the more adventurous: motorcycle riding, back country hiking, sea kayaking, zodiac rafting, all-terrain carting and much more.
* The stunning beaches along The Tourist Corridor are not for swimming, due to strong undertow currents.
* Nonstop flights from Western Canada, makes Los Cabos very accessible.
* Renting a car is highly recommended and much more economical than taking taxis. Parking is free at all resorts in Los Cabos and having a car allows more freedom to explore the region.
* Canadian Winter months are best to visit Los Cabos. Summers are very hot and humid.
* The water is safe to drink! Although most resorts provide plenty of bottled water.
Best Places To Eat: Exquisite Mexican specialties can be found almost everywhere in San Jose Del Cabo and at most resorts along the Tourist Corridor.
Favourite Hotels: Marquis Los Cabos, Leading Hotels of the World, C apella Penregal, brand new upscale hotel located on the Pacific Ocean Side of Los Cabos; Zoetry; Casa del Mar
Best Souvenirs To Bring Home: Tequilla of course. Be sure to pack safely in your checked bags! The ban of any liquid more then 100ml is still in sildenafilviagra-rxstore effect for carry-on bags.